Navigating the Illinois EV Rebate Program: A Simplified Process
At Jeff Perry Autos, we're committed to helping our customers in Rochelle and Peru, Illinois, take advantage of the Illinois Electric Vehicle Rebate Program. Understanding the application process is crucial to ensure you receive your rebate without any hitches. Here's a comprehensive guide to help you navigate the application steps with ease.
Step 0: Find Your Electric Car
Embark on a journey of discovery to find the electric vehicle that perfectly aligns with your lifestyle and driving preferences. Our diverse selection promises something for everyone.
Step 1: Check Your Eligibility
Before applying, make sure you meet the following criteria:
- You haven't received a prior rebate under this program.
- Your vehicle hasn't received a prior rebate.
- The vehicle was purchased from a licensed Illinois dealership and delivered in Illinois.
- You are the owner/titleholder (not a rental or lease).
- You were an Illinois resident at the time of purchase and application.
- You agree to notify the Illinois EPA of any residency or ownership changes before the rebate is issued.
- You'll retain ownership and register the vehicle in Illinois for at least 12 months post-purchase.
Step 2: Gather Required Documentation
Prepare the following documents:
- Bill of sale, purchase invoice, or agreement from an Illinois dealership.
- Proof of purchase (like a canceled check or loan documents).
- Illinois vehicle registration or temporary permit.
- IRS W-9 or W-8 form.
Step 3: Complete the Application Form
- Fill out your personal information, including name, physical and mailing address, email, and phone number.
- Acknowledge and check the eligibility criteria statements.
- Specify the type of vehicle (electric vehicle or motorcycle) and whether it's new or used.
- Provide detailed vehicle information including make, model, year, and VIN.
- Include dealership information for verification.
Step 4: Low-Income Certification (If Applicable)
- Check if you qualify as "low income" as defined by the program (income level thresholds are provided in the application instructions).
- Certify your low-income status on the form if applicable.
Step 5: Mail Your Application
Ensure your application is legible, complete, and free of errors.
Then, mail the application and all required documents to:
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
Electric Vehicle Rebate Program MC #40
P.O. Box 19276
Springfield, Illinois 62794-9276
Remember, applications must be postmarked within 90 days after the vehicle purchase date and no later than January 31, 2024, for this cycle. Applications cannot be faxed, emailed, or hand-delivered.
Step 6: Await Confirmation
After mailing your application, wait for confirmation. Keep in mind, the Illinois EPA does not provide verification of receipt, so consider using certified mail for tracking.
Step 7: Rebate Disbursement
Once your application is processed and approved, the rebate will be issued. Stay patient, as processing times can vary.
At Jeff Perry Autos, we understand the importance of each step in this process and are here to assist you. By following this guide, you’re on your way to enjoying the benefits of the Illinois Electric Vehicle Rebate Program. Visit us for more guidance and to explore our range of eligible electric vehicles.